Protein Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
I say it's always a good time for pumpkin bread - especially during pumpkin season! You can find numerous recipes for pumpkin bread made all different ways. Right here you can find No Flour Banana Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Almond Oatmeal Bars or Pumpkin Fall Balls. I stuck with my almond/coconut flours, no refined sugar combo like all of my baked goods. No refined flours or sugars in My Fit Life!
Just real ingredients with chocolate chunks (look at those beauties!) and this time I added in my chocolate protein powder from Garden of Life. Their protein powder is plant based with superfood ingredients that I can pronounce! If I can add a little protein and superfoods into my pumpkin bread I am all for it! Be sure to use good quality chocolate - it makes a big difference! I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks and they were delish!
I am thinking next time to add a cinnamon crumble on top! Yum! But for now, this bread will more than suffice as it was the right mix of chocolate and pumpkin and good for you protein! Be sure to use pure pumpkin, I usually get mine at Trader Joes or Whole Foods. Right now they are everywhere so it shouldn't be too hard to find. With the leftover pumpkin, you can add it to your protein shake or make my Pumpkin Fall Balls!
When you make this pumpkin deliciousness be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation! A great dessert option just in time for the holidays!
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 scoop protein powder
1 scoop protein powder
2 tbsp liquid coconut oil
3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup almond butter (or other nut butter of choice)
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease loaf pan well with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients; almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, ground ginger, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry until mixed well together.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into greased bread pan, sprinkle additional chocolate chunks on top if desired.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.
8. Let cool completely then slice. Can be wrapped and frozen for later enjoyment!