Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
I love breakfast! There I said it! It is probably my favorite meal and I look forward to it EVERYDAY! Breakfast for dinner is such a thing around here! Being that I go off to work every day I don't get to actually sit and enjoy breakfast until the weekends. So I make sure that I have my meal prepped and ready to go. This Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito is just what I needed!
We start in layers with mashed sweet potato going first, I love sweet potatoes! They are a great complex carb option plus filled with Vitamin C & A! Next, for fiber, I added in red kidney beans, but you could use any bean that you prefer. Next are the fluffy eggs! My go-to choice of eggs is from Vital Farms. They are honestly the best tasting egg out there! They actually taste like a real egg! They make it known that their girls have the freedom to roam 365 days a year!
To top all this goodness off I added salsa, avocado, hot sauce, cumin and chili powder for a little kick. Feel free to use your fav seasonings. Once all layered I channeled my best rolling skills (need to work on this!) and made a tight burrito. Sliced in half, wrapped and ready to go! I used the whole package of 6 tortillas so I froze 3 of them for the following week or you can leave them to share!
To round out my breakfast I paired it with a small apple. I think I could have easily eaten 2 of these burritos LOL! The tortillas I used were smaller in size but feel free to opt for the large ones. That's it! Another super simple meal prep meal for ya!
If you make these Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos (or your own version of them) be sure to share with me on Instagram or Facebook! I love to see what you are up to in your kitchen!
6 whole wheat/corn tortillas (opt for low carb)
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 15 oz can red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1 avocado, diced
1 cup salsa (more if needed)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
dashes of hot sauce if desired
1. Cook sweet potatoes. Can be microwaved for 5-7 minutes or cooked int he oven at 400f for 45 minutes. Let cool. Remove skins and mash in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl add the beans and seasonings and blend well.
3. Beat eggs and cook in a non-stick skillet until fluffy and set aside.
4. Assemble the burritos, warming them first will make it easier to roll. Evenly layer the mashed sweet potatoes, beans, eggs, avocado, and salsa onto each tortilla. Roll tightly, slice in half and Enjoy!
5. Can be wrapped and kept in the fridge for a few days or frozen for 2-3 months. Just heat and eat!