Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies
I finally starting working my way through my Butcher Box order from last month! Lots of chicken and burgers! Had a few packages of thighs (which I normally don't buy) so I decided to finally use them up! Added some of my favorite veggies and voila - dinner in 1 pan!
I will be honest we are not huge fans of chicken thighs or any other chicken part except the breast but I wanted to give these a try. It is an easy peasy dinner that is totally adaptable to your taste with your favorite veggies. I used carrots, a mix of regular & sweet potatoes (I am the only one in the family that likes sweet potatoes lol!) and asparagus as it is still in season and few red onions.
I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and then pan fried them for a few minutes just to get them browned a bit. Added the chicken to a large baking dish with the veggies and poured a dressing of olive oil, S&P, 21 seasoning salute (I literally put that 'ish on everything!) and fresh rosemary over everything. Poured in chicken broth just to coat the bottom to keep everything moist and into the oven, it all went - one pan is my jam!
What you get is a well-rounded meal of protein and veggies! This made a large batch so it is perfect for meal prep or for leftovers too. Feel free to switch up the seasonings along with the veggies. That is what I love about cooking - it can be totally versatile to your liking most times. This meal can be made various ways to enjoy again and again!
Easy weeknight dinner and you can even prep the veggies ahead of time. If you give it a try be sure to tag me on Instagram or connect with me in my private FB group My Fit Life Tribe
4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs
1 small sweet potato cut into bite-sized pieces
1 small red or white potato cut into bite-sized pieces
1 bunch asparagus, stems cut off
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil (divided)
1 lemon sliced
Fresh parsley to garnish
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Heat up 1/4 cup olive oil in the pan. Season chicken with S&P then add to pan to brown (a few minutes)
3. While the chicken is cooking add the potatoes and veggies to the baking dish and season with S&P.
4. Once the chicken is browned add to pan with veggies in one layer.
5. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and nutmeg and then pour all over the veggies an chicken evenly.
6. Pour chicken broth to coat bottom of the pan and add sliced lemons on top.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add olives or even feta cheese if desired.
8. Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
recipe adapted from TheMediterraneandish.com
Post a Comment