Peanut Butter Jelly Bread Time!
Ok, I know what you are thinking, another banana bread recipe! Yup! But stick with me as I have recreated an all-time childhood (and still adulthood fav!) here! Along with the banana's and peanut butter comes the other half of this equation and that is the jelly!
I have long stayed away from jelly as they are mostly filled with sugar and other questionable ingredients but once I figured how to make it myself (super simple) it was a game changer! Just heat up some berries and mash them with a bit of honey - Bam! There is your jelly!
I was honored to be given several samples of baking flour from Pereg Gourmet to test out and I had to go with the banana flour first! There is also quinoa flour, plantain flour, almond, coconut, buckwheat, chickpea, & teff! Lot's of recipes coming at cha soon with all these goodies!
I love that they have roots dating back to the early 1900's and are family owned. Their products do not include any preservatives, MSG, additives, fillers or food coloring. Plus they are kosher, NON-GMO, gluten-free and vegan! Basically everything I strive to cook/bake with and share with you!
The basic ingredients besides the banana flour are also oat flour, ground flax, almond milk, peanut butter (or nut butter of choice), bananas, and jelly. You can add as much or little as you like the jelly but make sure to layer it throughout for the best tasting results! Next time I think I will add more!
Thank you Pereg Gourmet for providing your delicious products for me to try out - it means a lot to work with brands I trust and believe in!
Be sure to check out Pereg Gourmet and see what other products they carry! Plus if you sign up you will receive 15% off your first order!
Remember to tag me on Instagram and comment below with your recreations! Cuz that makes me smile!
1.5 cups of Pereg banana flour
1/2 cup oat flour (can blend oats)
3 ripe bananas (save some slices for the topping - optional)
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
Sprinkle of salt
2 tbsp ground flax
1/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
3 tbsp jelly
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease a bread pan.
2. Add the dry ingredients (banana flour, oat flour, baking soda + powder, salt) to a large bowl and combine well.
3. Add the remaining wet ingredients (except jelly) to a separate bowl and mix well to combine.
4. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and blend well.
5. Layer half of the mixture into the loaf pan. Swirl half of the jelly on top. Layer with remaining batter and jelly. Feel free to swirl in more jelly and/or peanut butter.
6. Layer with banana slices & sprinkle with cinnamon (optional)
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool completely. Slice and keep in the fridge for individually wrap and freeze.
Post a Comment