Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
They are also powerhouse of nutrients containing manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6. These all contribute to the proper functioning of the body and keeping you healthy. Potassium to help regulate your heat rate and blood pressure and iron to help with anemia...just to name a few awesome reasons why you should bananas!
The beauty of this recipe is that it all goes into the blender - yup only need 1 mixing tool so easy clean up! I used a food processor but I am sure a blender will do too. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides. You can fold in the chocolate chips at the end or mix them in all together either way works I believe. After they are well blended just pour the batter into a well greased muffin tin or you can use liners as well.
Now while these muffins are healthier of course they will taste a bit different than what you may find the the store. They are not as big (less calories there) not as sweet (but the chocolate chips are still abundant) and not as fluffy since they are made with greek yogurt and other natural ingredients. But just think of how much better you will feel physically & mentally after eating 1 or 2 of these versus a huge store bought one that can range around 500-800 calories!
These are great for a quick grab and go snack or treat after dinner. My son packs them in his lunchbox for school - score! I also individually wrapped them and froze some for later consumption. I would recommend keeping them in the fridge to stay fresh as their are no preservatives in them to keep them from spoiling on the counter - this is a good thing! If you like them warm just heat them up for few seconds in the microwave.
Check out the recipe below and don't forget to tag me on IG and share with your friends!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle salt
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan well or use liners.
2. Place all of the above ingredients into the blender (unless adding in chocolate chips after) Blend well - scraping sides as needed. Some oats may stay whole - this is ok as it adds to the texture.
3. After chocolate chips are added in - divide batter into muffin tin evenly.
4. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Check with toothpick to see if done.
5. Cool completely on wire rack before storing.
Post a Comment