Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken with Fall Vegetables
It’s officially slow cooker season!! Ok, we all may use it throughout the year but once Fall hits, I really start to break it out! I love using vegetables that are in season and Fall has some hearty ones that hold up well in slow cookers! I used boneless chicken breasts but you can use any chicken parts to your liking. I added in large cut mirepoix (carrots, celery and onions) that I picked up from Wegmans which cuts that prep time totally! Threw in some fennel (love that licorice taste) and crushed tomatoes to make it thick and hearty!
I like to prep the whole meal the night before in the slow cooker pot and then all I have to do is pop it in after breakfast and it’s ready to go! After work my house smells amazing-bonus! You can also pair this with whole wheat bread to sop up the hearty goodness! This is a definite crowd pleaser!!
Just look at the Fall colors in the pot! You know you are eating a rainbow of goodness!
Hot and delicious!
1. 3 lbs of chicken breasts
2. Italian seasoning (parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary)
3. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
4. 14oz large cut up mirepoix
5. package (4 oz) mixed mushrooms
6. Fennel bulb, peeled and chopped
7. 28oz can crushed tomatoes
8. S&P to taste
1. Spray inner slow cooker pot
2. Lay down chicken on bottom
3. Add remaining ingredients
4. Cover and cook high for 4 hours or low for 6
5. Adjust seasoning to liking