Did Someone Say Margarita Chicken?!
Ok so like many of you I love pizza and could seriously eat it everyday! However, that does not line up with my health & fitness goals…darn! (And it shouldn’t for most of you either lol!) So when I came across this recipe for Margarita Chicken & Zucchini my mind went right to Margarita Pizza!! Duh!!
However, while this recipe is a far cry from the pizza it was still delicious and the colors alone were amazing! With zucchini, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil..yes fresh is a must for this dish – it marries all the flavors together well! I also added fresh grated parm because I am Italian and that is what we do, but you can leave it out if you want too. So yes it has similar ingredients to the infamous Margarita Pizza just without well..the pizza!
1 lb chicken breast cut into 1″ pieces
2 tsp oil divided (olive, avocado or coconut)
2 garlic cloves – minced
2 medium zucchinis, cut into half moon shapes
1 pint grape tomatoes halved
1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
S&P to taste
Sprinkle of good quality Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat non stick skillet on medium heat with 1 tsp oil
2. Add 1 garlic clove and cook for about 30 seconds (be careful not to burn)
3. Add chicken and sprinkle with S&P
4. Cook until chicken is no longer pink – stirring
5. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate
6. Add the other 1 tsp oil & garlic clove to the pan with chopped zucchini
7. Cook for about 8 minutes or until soft
8. Add in tomatoes and cook additional 5 minutes until bursted
9. Add chicken back in and heat everything through
10. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh basil and grated parm
Enjoy!! Hopefully there will be leftovers to enjoy for lunch tomorrow!!
Original recipe adapted from Cleanfoodcrush.com