Here is a pic of all my lovely ingredients. I use farm fresh eggs, organic coconut oil, coconut flour from Trader Joe’s and I really like Target’s brand of simply organic almond butter as it has 1 ingredient in it….Roasted Almonds!!! (I need to upgrade my vanilla to Madagascar Vanilla though!)
First I fork mashed the bananas in a large bowl to get them nice and blended. Doesn’t look like much but you get the idea!
After mixing in the wet and then dry ingredients I poured the batter into a muffin tin. I could already smell the yummy goodness that was about to happen! I would suggest using liners as the inside stick a little – yes they are that moist!
As soon as they came out I could not resist (bonus: your house will smell amazing!) They were warm and moist and just AMAZEBALLS!!! I am sure with some grass-fed butter (I use Kerrygold) they would of been even better! Maybe next time!!
-4 riped bananas (the riper the better for mashing)
-1/2 Cup almond butter (can use peanut butter but will no longer be paleo)
-2 tbs coconut oil, melted
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/2 Cup coconut flour
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in the muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl mash the bananas then add eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla. Use a blender to combine wet ingredients.
3. Add in coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Blend well to combine.
5. Distribute the batter evenly in the lined muffin pan – just don’t fill all the way to the top as they will rise.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if cooked.
7. Try one right away while they are still warm – trust me on this!
8. Store in refrigerator in an resealable bag (I individually wrapped mine first for easy on the go snacking) You can also freeze some.
(Original recipe can be found at http://paleogrubs.com/banana-nut-muffins-recipe)
Be sure to sign up for my free newsletter so you don’t miss out on any amazing recipes or fitness talk!!
xoxo – Cherise Mazur (cherisemazur.com)