Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon lover’s rejoice! Now I must confess, I am not a huge bacon fan (gasp!!) I know but I do like turkey bacon every so often – especially with eggs. Yummy!! While you can use regular beef grass fed bacon with this meal I used grass fed turkey bacon. Can’t find grass fed? Get organic instead.
As suggested, I marinated the chicken with all the spices overnight and I think this made it all the better! Plus it was easy to just wrap the bacon around each chicken breast and pop it in the oven after work. It was almost effortless!
I steamed up some veggies and roasted sweet potatoes to round out the meal with a green of veggies and a yellow of complex carbs. These can also be made ahead of time when meal prepping so then all you have to do is heat them up! Score!
*Tip – make extra for leftovers – had it for lunch for the next 2 days!!
1 serving = 1.5R
4-6 medium boneless skinless chicken breast
12 oz package turkey/beef grass fed bacon
1 tsp parsley (fresh if possible)
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp EVOO
1. Marinade chicken in a large zip lock bag with parsley, dill, garlic & onion powder, S&P, EVOO. Mix around well and rub into the chicken to evenly coat.
2. Place in fridge overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350
4. Wrap each piece of chicken with 2 pieces of bacon (seam side down)
5. In large baking dish drizzle lemon juice on the bottom.
6. Place chicken in dish.
7. Sprinkle lightly with S&P.
8. Cover dish with foil and cook 30-40 minutes. (until completely cooked)
9. Remove foil and broil on high so bacon gets crispy.
**recipe adapted from adventuresofashrinkingprincess.com**