Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Your Taco Tuesday is about to get a makeover! Drop the beef and pick up that cauliflower! We all know cauliflower is having it's the moment right now from pizzas to rice to now taco's! Geez, I hope we don't find ourselves in a cauliflower shortage!
I have to say these came out really tasty with all the right seasonings, roasted until slightly browned and then topped with my avocado yogurt dressing. The best part about tacos is that you can top it with whatever you like! Salsa, avocado, guac, cabbage slaw, jalapenos for some heat...you get the idea! These are totally customizable!
Building a taco station is always fun too! This way your guests can pick and choose their creations! Since it was just me, my hubby and son (no, my daughter will not partake in taco night!) I just had cabbage slaw (which I bought pre-made - shortcut hack!) with my avocado yogurt dressing - totally forgot the pineapple salsa that we love from Trader Joe's but will not forget next Taco Tuesday!
The ingredients are minimal but the taste is not! You could also roast up some tomatoes or peppers and onions to add? My mind is constantly thinking of more food options! Either pile it on or keep it basic - either way, this recipe will not disappoint! For the tortillas, I used a sprouted grain one from Whole Foods. Ezekiel is another good option or Siete has almond flour options that are great too!
So grab your spices, cauliflower, and toppings and let's start this Fiesta!!!
Remember to tag me on Instagram with your creations. Share the love!
1 head cauliflower, trimmed & sliced florets
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like heat!)
Salt to taste
Fresh chopped cilantro leaves (1/4 cup)
1 bag cabbage slaw (or own shredded lettuce)
For Avocado Sauce:
1 ripe avocado
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp lime juice
the same seasoning as above you can sprinkle in while blending
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (easier clean up)-spray liberally.
3. Add olive oil seasoning to a bowl and whisk well together. Then add in cauliflower and mix well to coat evenly.
4. Spread cauliflower onto pan evenly and roast for 30-40 minutes - depending on your oven and how 'roasted' you like them.
5. While cooking prepare avocado sauce by adding all ingredients into the blender and mix well. Set aside.
6. Option to heat up tortillas in oven for a few minutes before assembling tacos.
7. Once cauliflower is done, prepare your taco station and assemble!
8. Start with cabbage slaw, top with cauliflower and any other toppings you chose than a dollop of avocado sauce.
9. Roll 'em up and enjoy!!