Healthy Banana Apple MuffinsIf you are looking for some healthy after school treats or a quick grab and go breakfast (or just healthy tasty treats in general! lol) these muffins make the cut!
No Sugar or oils either! A few simple ingredients (some you may even have on hand - like that old banana that you are thinking throwing away!) I added apples in mine but get creative and add whatever fruit you like or have available. Think blueberries, strawberries, pear.....
I also sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on top - yum! If there is a nut allergy in the house swap the almond flour for whole wheat flour or even gluten-free flour. I have not personally tried it that way but I am sure it will be just as delicious! Also, you can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup of almonds in your food processor (but do so in intervals to avoid making almond butter.) 1 cup of almonds will give you about 1 cup of almond flour.
If you make them please let me know or tag me on IG @cherisemazur.
Happy Healthy Eating!
*recipe adapted from Fixate Cookbook
Healthy after school snack for kids or Adults! Great for a quick grab and go breakfast too!
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed with a fork
- 2 large eggs - beaten
- 1 Tbs grass-fed butter, melted (I use Kerrygold)
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (or other fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 9 muffin cups with liners
- Combine beaten eggs, mashed bananas & melted butter in a bowl.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda & salt in separate bowl
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture until well blended
- Add apple (or fruit of choice)
- Divide batter evenly among muffin liners & sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown on top
- Insert toothpick to check for doneness
- Cool on rack and enjoy!